Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch--Changes!

Oy.. what a week. Oh, wait, is it only Tuesday?

Right now there is so much going on I don't really even know where to start. Things are good, though and I'm excited for the new year!

So, here's the scoop on one of the new developments that is right around the corner:

My best friend is moving down here in THREE WEEKS!! We're in the process of finding a place to live right now. I haven't lived with another person for about 3 years. It's going to be interesting. It's going to be fun! It's going to be a challenge. I think we've finally found the right place and that makes me feel calmer right now. We're about to put our applications in and put the deposit down. I'm actually really excited and can't wait to make it our home together in this city that I love. I hope (and believe) that she will love this city as much as I do.

I've been living in Austin for a little over a year now. Just last night I was on the phone with one of my dear friends from back home (Boise, ID) and he asked me, "So, do you think you're going to be living in Austin for the rest of your life?"

It only took me a couple of heartbeats to say, "Well, I have no plans on moving anywhere else in the immediate future."

I LOVE Austin. I LOVE the people that I'm so fortunate to know here. I feel like I HAVE found home and I can't imagine ever wanting to leave!

Don't get me wrong.. I miss my Boise friends. I miss my family. I wish they were closer. Every time I do or see another awesome and wonderful thing here I want them to be here to share it with me. But, for me, personally, this is the place I belong.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Getting ready to move again. Getting ready to have my best friend here. So excited to introduce her to the wonderful people I know, go explore all that Austin has to offer, head to San Antonio to take in the River Walk and The Alamo, have a partner on little hikes and excursions to swimming holes (there are MANY), the list of things to do goes on and on and on...

I'm happy with my life in a way that I couldn't be in Boise. The side of myself that I haven't had an outlet for there is free to flourish and be.

I'm confident that my friend will be able to feel as free and alive as I do in this eclectic, creative and (pretty much) perfect city.

2 comments:

And all that jazz said...

I am so happy for you! =) You guys will have such a wonderful time!

Olive Owl said...

Thanks, Sarah! I can't wait for you to come and experience Austin for yourself!! xoxoxooxox